Sunday, November 18, 2007

First Snow


This morning I was checking the news, sipping my coffee, waiting for Anja to wake up when I heard weird screaming/screeching from upstairs. It was a peculiar sound, but I could tell it wasn't an emergency, so I kept reading, anticipating a preschooler's crabby start to the day. Instead, when she came running downstairs a couple minutes later, with saucers for eyes, she shrieked, "It's snowing! I want to go outside!" Obviously ecstatic, she had her hat and mittens on before I could persuade a couple Cheerios to pass her lips. She has been eagerly anticipating this day for at least a week, which is probably months in kid time.

So far, it snowed enough slushy stuff to mostly cover the grass, but it'll be covered soon. A father and son beat everyone out there to build the first snowperson of the year. It's a little too sticky to sled, but the kids are out having a blast. Good thing she got snowpants yesterday. Thanks Auntie.

2 comments:

Annie said...

What cute pictures.
I love the one of anja, but the one with the snow and berries is relly cute.

astridalailama said...

Thanks. The berries were right next to our living room window. I just shot it outside so the screen wouldn't get in the way. I thought it was pretty too.